Friday, March 6, 2009

Memoirs We Wish Existed

Currently I am working with Rick D. Niece, Ph.D., the President of the University of the Ozarks in Clarksville, Ark., whose memoir, The Side-Yard Superhero, just hit the bookshelves on Sunday.

His poignant memoir captures his childhood adventures as a paper boy in small-town America. Not that I was a paper boy, but being from a small town myself, the story was right up my alley. Which got me thinking, what other memoirs should I be reading. Or better yet, what other memoirs need to be written?

Here are just few I wish would hit the bookshelf:

Former President, George W. Bush – We’ve seen Oliver Stone’s take, now I want to hear from the man himself. Tell me about growing up as a Bush, what your 8 years as President of the United States was like and what you think your greatest achievements were?

Thriller hitmaker, Michael Jackson – We’ve read The Enquirer and watched your Barbara Walter interviews. Now I want to know what your daddy was really like, your fascination with monkeys and how many plastic surgeries you’ve actually had?

CBS Late night host, David Letterman – You’ve been a late night talk show host for years and worked with some of the most talented. Who is truly your favorite guest, do you and Oprah really hate each other and why won’t you marry your son’s mother?

Speaking of Oprah – She has her own talk show, magazine and radio show, why not her own book? I need more Oprah, we love you!

Our material girl, Madonna – Now that you’re single and dating again. I want to know what went wrong with Guy Richie, what life was like without a mother and how your 3 kids changed you from that pointy bra wearing woman.

Those are just a few of my wishes, which memoirs have been your favorites? And whose memoir would you most want to read?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the Tolly Moseley story? That's why we're here at this blog!

March 19, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home