Online Book Fair kicks off tomorrow
Tomorrow marks the start for the 2nd Annual Book Fair.
I have been invited to host a forum during the fair tomorrow from 10 AM - 4 PM EST called: How to get more publicity for your books. I will be answering questions from authors and publishers about strategies for increasing the visibility of their books. I encourage you to stop by and tour the event and even post a question on my forum.
Here is the announcement from the Love of Reading website:
The second annual Love of Reading Online Book Fair will be held November 14-16 at www.loveofreading.com from the hours of 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST.
A cause for celebration and connection for the burgeoning online book community, the three-day fair has something for everyone, according to Fauzia Burke, a pioneer in online book promotion and president of FSB Associates, host of the successful event. With its “Love of Reading” theme, the event is designed for a wide audience—authors, publishers, booksellers, bookworms, bloggers, reviewers and anyone looking for a gift for the holidays.
“Participants will have non-stop interaction and information at their fingertips,” says Burke, along with a variety of special events and giveaways. Among the online happenings:
- Free raffles—including 3 free books an hour and one large prize giveaway per day
- Ongoing Podcasts and author readings by popular authors such as Alan Alda, Kim Edwards and Pulitzer Prize Winner Rick Atkinson.
- Guest bloggers and reviewers will blog at the fair
- Forum and discussion groups
- Reader’s Choice Award for favorite book jacket. Last year’s winner was the mega bestseller, The Thirteenth Tale.
- Roundtable discussions with topics including How to Get Your Book Published
“Today’s online book community is more vital and vibrant than ever” says Burke. “Throughout the book fair, we want to celebrate their increasingly important voice and connect people who love books in a whole new way.”